We are all equal.
Many of our LGBTQ have spent years fighting for equality and I will stand with them in that fight.
For too long, we have ignored the epidemic of violence against the LGBTQ community. For too long we have ignored the epidemic of the LGBTQ community being discriminated against on every level; from getting a job, to finding housing, and even being discriminated against by our public service officials. THIS MUST END.
Not only will we continue to strengthen the laws that protect our LGBTQ community and guarantee them equal rights, but we will continue to build communities and a culture that accepts, respects, and loves every individual regardless of the color of their skin, who they love, or their gender.
What We Can achieve...
- End archaic practices like "conversion therapy" nationwide.
- Protect LGBTQ rights to fair and equal access to employment, housing, & public services.
- Make more legal resources available to LGBTQ people who need to fight back against discrimination and violence.
- Empower groups that provide help to the LGBTQ community when they are in mental or physical crisis.
- Ensure that anyone who commits assault and violence against a person in the LGBTQ community is justly punished under the law.