more jobs with better wages
For too many people in this nation, working full time doesn't cut it anymore! It's not just about whether or not you have a job these days, it's also about having a high enough wage to live in an economy where our middle class hasn't gotten a raise, but everyone else has! We must fight for a nationwide $15 per hour minimum wage.
Never in the history of our country has raising the minimum wage hurt our economy! When the middle class makes more money, they have more money to spend which is critical to our local, small businesses.
As a union nurse, I know the importance of unionizing, and I believe it's time to bring unions to all our industries; from our agricultural workers, to our white collar tech jobs. Every employee deserves the right to band together and demand living wages, safe working conditions, reasonable hours, and paid time off for illness and leisure.
What We can Achieve...
- A $15 per hour national minimum wage.
- Unions for "gig economy" and "white collar" workers.
- Investment in renewable energy jobs. Bringing new technology can help combat the impact of climate change but will also provide jobs in the solar and wind energy fields.
- We can fight for the working family and trade unions by allowing workers to collectively bargain and committing to the fight against misleading and anti-union "right to work" policy.
- Paid family and medical leave for every worker in the country.
- Vacation and sick leave.
- Create a Medicare for all system which will bring new jobs in the medical field as well as good paying union jobs building clinics, hospitals, roads and more.